CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

And again, it has been a lengthy stretch since I've last written. I won't waste time telling you allll about everything that has gone on in the last several months. Other than our wedding reception, life was just business as usual. Our wedding reception was so much fun and it was so nice to see all of our family at one time!

In March, Dave and I began to pray about moving to Texas. Jaxon and Amelia's mom and step dad, Jessica and Josh, live in Houston, and we felt like it was time to move closer to them. After 4 months of fervent prayer, Dave and I had finally come up with a plan to move from dusty Colorado, to the deep south ocean side area of Webster, Texas, just south of Houston. We are about 5 miles from Josh, Jessica and the kids. Amelia will be starting school in a few weeks, and we are excited to watch her learn and grow more and more every day. Jaxon....dear little Jaxon. My step son has entered an age that I hate to even call the "terrible twos" as terrible does not quite give justice to his current behavior. Of course all four of us parents are trying to do our best in being consistent, but it's nice to be close so we all get a break. Maybe it's not as bad as some kids, but he cries all.the.time. He throws fits for 100% no apparent reason. It's already hard enough that I'm not even his mom...but then add to that the psycho fits. THEN it's always a constant battle for David's attention. Either way, I know we'll make it through with a lot of prayer and napping/time outs as needed (for everyone). Jessica and I have been talking here and there. I think we are both glad that we are all close together and that we have a chance at uniting as parents to help make a better life for the kids.

I've just got to give a minute of typing to Texas. There's a reason that the song says "God Bless Texas". When I was growing up and especially through high school, I always told people that I was moving to Texas. When my grandpa was 15, he ran away to Texas (from MI) after a fight with his father. He moved here and was quite successful, until he was in a motorcycle accident in Austin. In the hospital, he died. While being rolled down to the morgue, he began breathing again. My grandpa went on to live for 35 more years after that. For some reason, when we came here for vacation when I was 7, I left my heart here. When I was 18, I packed my car, and told my mom I was moving to Texas. She told me that I was accepted into Pensacola Christian College and that I should go there. I did. Not sure if I regret that decision or not.

The years came and went, and I still wanted to move here. When I was with my ex husband, he was offered a law enforcement job in Dallas. I was so excited...but he wanted to move home...to mow lawns. He was a winner! not. Again, while Jake and I were working out our move to Tennessee, we really tried to make Texas fit into the budget, but it was just too far away.

Now I'm here, and we just love it. People go on "oh how do you handle the heat?!" Well, I ride my bike 10 miles in it :) When Dave and I moved here, we looked for a car for a little while. We had saved enough money, but it's hard to get a car when you live somewhere for a few days. We wanted to buy something nice or have nothing at all. SO, we got bikes :) Dave's work is 5 miles away, so it's about an hour ride, but we both like the physical activity. Yeah we sweat TONS, and the air is so thick, but it's a great way to exercise. Not to mention, no car payment, no insurance, and no gas. If we save the $ we would normally spend on that stuff, we could buy a nice car with cash in a few months!

Dave is enjoying his job at a local Japanese Steak and Sushi Restaurant. He worked there two years ago, and when he called them before we moved, they offered him a job immediately. He started the day after we got here. David is so good at his job, and his tips prove that. This next year, Dave and I will be working very hard to pay off any debts and clean up our credit with the hope of buying a nice car or 2 and house in the next few years. I may get a job at some point. Right now I am working on several projects around the house and there's really no place close enough that I can ride a bike to and get there looking presentable enough for work. I might go work part time at some point, but not with kids. I am done working with children on a full time basis. I've changed a lot in the last year.

Well speaking of changes, I went to see Dr. Kelly at Healthy Basics in Cadillac when I was home. Knowing there was plenty wrong with me, I was excited to get some concrete answers. As most of you read on facebook, my iron was low, estrogen very high, and I was suffering from the same virus I got when I was 15. I was put on several herbs, taken off some, and also given some diet restrictions. I am staying away from gluten, dairy (strong reaction), and soy. So I am entering the world of health food, mainly with the goal of getting healthy and feeling better. Also, for those of you who know Dave and I have been hoping to grow our family, I have made a solid decision that I am done "trying". If we have kids great, if not, also great. It's really NOT worth all the stress. I'd rather just live a happy life, and Dave is all the human companionship I need in the house right now.

Molly and Moses are doing great and adjusting well to the humid heat and life in a one bedroom apartment. Dave and I take them on walks and just love having them wander around the house. I am so glad we have two small dogs, I can't imagine having another monster around without a solid 10 fenced acres to let it loose on!

Well, hopefully I'll be writing more often :)

 Love love-Liz

1 comments:

E. Sparks

I was pregnant when I wrote this and I didn't even know it :)

Post a Comment