CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Concerts and Homeschooling!

The last week has been wild, but we have also had many adventures along the way! Last Sunday, Dave had planned to join the youth group as they ventured to Colorado Springs for the Rock and Worship Road Show. The featured artists were: Mercy Me, Lecrae, Rend Collective Experiment, Disciple, Hawk Nelson, and Tenth Avenue North. I planned to stay home and watch the kids while finishing some last minute homework. During Sunday School, two hours before they planned to leave, I decided I wanted to go. I was uneasy about the kids riding the school bus, but put my hesitations aside in the hope that we could spend some family time together. Well, we had a great time and even ended up in VIP seating thanks to a mom of one of the youth. The kids had a great time; Jaxon fell asleep during Lecrae (a rapper) and stayed asleep for 2 hours! We got some amazing pictures and really just enjoyed being around the youth group.




I had the day off on Monday for President's Day and did housework and reorganizing all day. Tuesday was back to the old grind. I was more tired at work than I have ever been in my life! And the worst part is that I work 10 hour days! I survived, and Wednesday was a drag too. Yesterday both of the kids woke up with runny noses, coughs and sore throats. I took them to school, but after an hour I decided to take them to the clinic. When we got there, we found out that their medicaid (through their mother) was terminated January 31st. So we headed to the grocery store and got allergy medicine. After they took a very very long nap, I got the kids up and we did our first homeschool lesson. We learned counting to ten and writing the numbers. We also started our vowels with "Big A little a, A says a as in apple A says a a a". They had so much fun and took turns drawing on our chalk board door. When Dave got home, they proudly showed their daddy their accomplishments. After learning time, we did some yoga (Amelia is demonstrating Warrior 1 in the picture) and some dancing.

Jaxon has reached a point in life where he may be taking quite a few more showers than baths. Even though we have stressed it multiple times...in multiple ways, our happy little 2 year old still finds joy in pooping in the tubby. After pouring bleach in our tub several times in the past week, we decided he will have to stick to showers for a while :) On March 2nd, both children will be going to the local preschool to get evaluated in their development. I am looking forward to knowing where they are and what I need to work on with them. Dave and I decided to make our dining room into a homeschool room, since we never eat in it (or at home for that matter) and we never have friends over that actually sit down and eat. Teens lol.

I am constantly working on something. I am up to my eyebrows in homework as this is our last week of ECE 101. I wish this was the end of it, but we have yet another class to take starting the day this class ends. Though I've really struggled balancing all my responsibilities, I am hopeful that I will get a decent grade. It seems like the kids take up 100% of my time, and there's little or no room for me, or Dave and I. Last week I made up for lost time by staying up late, which made me suffer terribly at work. I am grateful to God that Dave, Jaxon and I will have health, dental, vision and life insurance on March 1st. I am rejoicing in this, because if i don't I will just get more stressed out. Dave will be getting contacts (YAY), several teeth pulled and then some blood tests and a physical. I won't even start to detail what I need done. Jaxon will be going to the allergist, the dentist, and probably a vision/hearing test. It really feels good to be able to provide insurance for my family. Some might think this is over the top, but I was planning on getting insurance for Remington (full coverage $50 a month w/$100 deductible). I thought it was a good idea since he need surgery soon, but Dave said no :(

This weekend should be exciting as we will be going to a birthday party and I will be leading the worship team at church. I will also be working on some more homeschooling with the kids. On March 4th, our church will be having a huge youth rally. David will be sharing a song he wrote (rap of course), a Christian rendition of "I Need A Doctor" by Dr. Dre and Eminem (it should be noted that this was my idea :)). He will also be sharing his testimony at the event.

Today is Friday and I am off work (since I work four tens), so I am working on housework, and will probably make a trip out of town for a few things. Please keep us in your hearts and prayers. Thanks for reading.
Elizabeth Rose


0 comments:

Post a Comment